Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mustache On A Stick Tutorial

Okay so I was looking on Etsy the other day for photography props. I already made one for the Newborn Princess Crown Tutorial that I had found. Crazy enough those sell for about 15 bucks! Crazy! When you could just make your own for maybe 5?. Call me cheap, but I prefer to make my own props. So anyway, I have had some requests as a photographer for photobooth props. Didnt quite know what I was getting into but decided to make some mustache's and see how well they turned out before I ventured into anything else "on a stick". 

Although I do photography for a living, I want to warn you. these pictures are not professional at all. I actually sat on my living room floor at 2 in the morning making these while watching Supernatural...*all time favorite show!*. 

Lets get started!

Gather your supplies! Here is what you need:
-Craft Scissors
-Black Felt (Preferably the stiff kind)
-Glue Gun with Glue
-Dowel Rods (smaller gage the better)
-Mustache Template Printed out and Cut (Included below)
-Not pictured *Sharpie and 2 clothes pins*


Here's the Template! Hopefully you can copy and save, I'm pretty sure it will let you. If your like me and your cheap with your black ink, just put it in paint and change the color :) Mine were pink haha. 


Here are the supplies, like I said before; the sharpie and clothes pins aren't pictured! And just in case you were wondering, the squares are actually used later on. They are felt as well but I already cut my pieces out so I used whatever was left over. (I bought 2 sheets of felt).


Lay out your pieces to make sure they will fit.


Cut them to size!


Puppy photo bomb! :D 


Its really hard to tell, but once you trace out your mustache on the felt it'll get easier to see.  I would recommend doing this near a light source. I also found that it was easier if I folded the felt in half and cut that way. It made my sides identical. 


All done! Now we just need to attach them to the stick!




Apply the glue and make sure that it has enough to cover the stick!


Now apply the piece of felt over the stick to secure it more. This gives it a cleaner and more professional look! Not to mention it will help with the stability of the stick. Make sure you push down so that it doesn't poke out :) 


There we go! perfect Mustache's On A Stick! 


:) Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Lol love these :D

Hello Darling Photography said...

I know! I had an awesome time making them too :)

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com